Saturday 14 June 2014

Hot pink cars

Four days ago, I saw a Volkswagen New Beetle (the model manufactured from 1997-2011). This, by itself, isn't remarkable, as Beetles aren't rare here in the United Kingdom. No, what was noteworthy about this particular Beetle was that its colour was hot pink. A hot pink Beetle! It blatantly stood out among all the nearby vehicles.

However, that Beetle was not the first time that I had a seen a hot pink vehicle in this town. A couple of months or so ago, I saw a hot pink Cadillac (old style) parked in a driveway. I haven't seen many Cadillacs in my life, so seeing one was cool; the hot pink just added to the experience.

Hot pink isn't my favourite colour, but I do pay attention to it when it's the colour of a car...even more so when that vehicle is a Beetle or a Cadillac! Until recently, I'd only seen hot pink Cadillacs and Beetles in movies, and the hot pink vehicles I've seen elsewhere hve usually been vans or trucks.

2 comments:

  1. Mary Kay cosmetics... a MLM scam, used to give out pink cars. We see them driving around sometimes. Did you get a picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I wasn't able to in either case...with the Beetle, it was parked in a driveway and its driver was standing next to it!

      Delete