Sunday 1 June 2014

Bloggers Blog Party - May 2014

Here are my contributions to the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party for May 2014. The blog party turned a year old during the last week of May:

Friday, 2nd May: Dad brought this Granny Smith apple back with him from work. He wasn't going to eat the apple so I did instead, which was better than it being wasted.

Tuesday, 6th May: The snails and slugs have been out a few times this month, as they've been encouraged by the intermittent rain. This is a snail in the grass on the main path at the park; I hope it moved off the path before anyone could tread on it!

Sunday, 11th May: This is a mug with German hot chocolate powder covering its bottom. The drink was warm and tasty, as hot chocolate always is, but the flavour wasn't any different from American or British hot chocolate; still, I enjoyed it. My brother was impressed with this picture: he thought there was water in the mug, but there wasn't. He liked the optical illusion.

Wednesday, 14th May: For some bizarre reason, this road work sign was damaged and thrown aside in some grass. I noticed it because it became exposed when the grass was cut.

Monday, 19th May: The main road through our town has been completely gravelled over; this gravelling extends beyond the town's borders. It is not known why this has been done; there is no obvious reason for it, although it must be related to road maintenance somehow.

Tuesday, 27th May: The daylillies in our back yard were flattened by the rain. Since this picture, this plant has exploded with new flowers and some of the old ones are upright again

Saturday, 31st May: It's been one year since my first Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party post. Happy birthday, blog party! I made this (somewhat crude) image using an app on my phone and took a screenshot of it. Sorry if the text isn't properly centered; it can be hard to line text up on a touchscreen! Credit goes to S Memo.

I've had a fun time participating in the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party for the past year and I fully intend to continue. A big thank you, again, to my friend and fellow blogger Stephanie, who came up with the whole idea in the first place.

4 comments: