Monday 16 July 2012

July Nottingham visit (2)

In two of my early posts I wrote about Holme Pierrepont, a water sports centre and man-made lake in Nottinghamshire. When we went up to Nottingham yesterday my father, my uncle, my brother, and I paid the area a visit. Here are a few images (all taken with my phone):

This is the main ski area. The skis are not independent, rather, they guided by the lines above the water. Occasionally someone will lose control and fall in the water, but there aren't any collisions or injuries.

A view looking down the main water body as rowers prepare to race. There was a rowing event on yesterday at Holme Pierrepont, and some areas of the facility were blocked off.

Some of the rowing during the race. Notice the swan hiding its head in the water!

A random shot looking across the main lake; I wanted to get a picture that had as few boats as possible obstructing the view of the water. With the exception of the boat in the top-right of the picture, I think this turned out as I wanted.

We had a pleasant walk around the park, even though it was the busiest we had ever seen it. This contrasts with our last visit there in December 2010, when we went during the morning on an incredibly cold day (the water was frozen) and the place was empty apart from us.

2 comments: