Monday 2 July 2012

Carnival treats

A couple of images of the food I bought at the recent carnival:

My ice cream, a Magnum Ecuador Dark. It consists of vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate on a stick; I have had Magnum ice creams before, and they have a really good flavour. Sorry about the grass being in focus rather than the ice cream...I wanted to get a picture of the treat but had to do it quickly before it started melting!

I purchased these from the candy stand. From left to right they are: gummy worms (although they were not called that, they had some other name), flying saucers, and toffee honeycomb. The worms were merely a larger version of the bags of gummy worms that you can buy. The flying saucers were an odd type of candy, consisting of a "papery" saucer shell with a sour, sugary substance in the middle; at first it tastes as though you are biting into a piece of cardboard, but you soon get used to it and it tastes nice. The honeycomb toffee is self-explanatory: it is a crunchy, highly sweet and sticky toffee; one of my cousins introduced me to honeycomb toffee last year.

I paid about £5 for the lot, much cheaper than I was anticipating considering that food at such events is normally very expensive. My brother purchased some marshmallows and a bar of nougat, which would have amounted to about £2.50 in price.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was all tasty. :) (Though I've only just opened the honeycombs!)

      Delete