Tuesday 10 July 2012

Cheese and peanut butter on toast

One of my favourite lunchtime meals is cheese on toast. You take two slices of bread, put them in the oven, and toast one side of them both; then, you flip them over, place cheese slices on the untoasted sides, return them to the oven, let the cheese melt, and voila! You have cheese on toast.

I recently had some peanut butter to use up and it gave me an idea. During one lunch I performed all of the above steps, with a single change: after I flipped my two slices of bread over I spread chunky peanut butter on them and then I placed the cheese on top. As per usual, the cheese melted once the meal was placed back in the oven, and it had melted all over the peanut butter.

I had then created a delicious meal of melted cheese on top of peanut butter on toast. It turned out to be tastier than I had expected (I had even considered that it could have been disgusting), and I have had the dish again a few times since. I have even added various seasonings to it, such as steak, chicken, barbecue, and fish, all of which have been a delightful addition to the meal. The only problem occurs if you use smooth peanut butter, as it can be runny when heated up and the cheese can slide off.

If you like cheese and peanut butter, I recommend this meal to you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie, that sounds really disgusting. Maybe it's a guy thing? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! That's okay! :D Well, Dad hates peanut butter so he thought it was gross, too; but Mum has always liked peanut butter, and when she tried the meal she liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... if I wasn't lactose intolerant I would try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all right, Jessica, I appreciate that. :)

      Delete