Saturday 21 July 2012

Colby O'Donis

There was something I didn't write about in yesterday's post about Lady Gaga, primarily because it was irrelevant to her and her overall career, but I feel it bears a mention. I'll introduce it in the form of a question: what happened to Colby O'Donis?

As I said in my previous post, Colby O'Donis was featured in "Just Dance" four years ago, and a few months prior to his work with Lady Gaga becoming a major hit he had released his own successful song called "What You Got", and his track featured Akon. He subsequently vanished until Akon's single, "Beautiful" featuring Kardinal Offishall and O'Donis, was released in January of 2009.

Ever since "Beautiful" left the charts I have not heard anything more about O'Donis, and I don't recall ever hearing "What You Got" on the radio again, either. I have looked to see if he is releasing any new music, but at present there is nothing. It's ironic...myself and others were concerned about Lady Gaga being a one-hit wonder that we didn't stop to consider that the person she featured in her very first single would be the one who would disappear from the scene!

I hope that O'Donis is finding success in whatever path he chose to take. I remember "What You Got" very well, and it would be good for him to return to the spotlight.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I never listened to him before "Just Dance," I'll have to check him out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. :) I was just surprised at the fact that after "Beautiful", that was the last I heard about him!

      Delete