Saturday 14 July 2012

"Where My Heart Will Take Me" - Russell Watson

The song "Where My Heart Will Take Me", performed by Russell Watson and written by Diane Warren, was used as the theme song for Star Trek: Enterprise. Of all the Star Trek TV show themes it was the only one to have any lyrics, and unfortunately there were a significant amount of Star Trek fans who despised it as a result (it should be noted that ST: Enterprise was the first ST series since the original 1960s show to be canceled); I presume that there are a lot of people who think that "Star Trek" and "singing" do not go together. In not being a hardcore, Star Trek purist, I have no problem with the song ever being a theme and I even like the track.

Here is a link to the extended version of the song:


Interestingly enough, "Where My Heart Will Take Me" is a reworked version of "Faith of the Heart" by Rod Stewart, and of course, written by Diane Warren. It was used for the film Patch Adams. Here's a link to Stewart's original:


I was unaware that "Where My Heart Will Take Me" had originally been sung by Stewart until I looked Watson's cover up for the purpose of this post. I like both versions equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment