Sunday 4 December 2016

The recognition

Yesterday afternoon, a friend and I were standing on the steps of the Nottingham Council House, waiting for another friend, when a man near to us turned to me and congratulated me on my recent nomination. He then said that he was a lecturer from the University of Nottingham and had been present at the Nottingham Post Student Awards from the other night, as was his wife, who he said works at the Clifton Campus of NTU.

In addition, the lecturer was an American (from Wisconsin, in fact, and his wife from Ohio) and noted that I stood out among all the other finalists for him and his wife because it had been stated at the ceremony that I was homeschooled in the United States. While it was lovely to receive the recognition, I hope I will encounter the lecturer and his wife again, as they seemed like friendly people.

No comments:

Post a Comment