Saturday 2 July 2016

Bakewell

Today, I rode, from Derby bus station after a ride on Indigo, the Sixes 6.1 to Bakewell, a town in Derbyshire. Here is a picture overlooking the town:

My visit to Bakewell was short, as it was carnival day and the town was packed; not only that but the bus route was blocked after I arrived. For a while I was concerned that I wouldn't have been able to have returned to my bus interchange in Derby; fortunately, the Sixes 6.1 returned and I was able to leave Bakewell. I will visit there again on another day, when I won't be worrying about carnivals.

The Sixes 6.1 is a fun bus route because not only did it feature plenty of beautiful scenery, it also travelled through Matlock and Matlock Bath, the latter of which I visited in 2012 and 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment