Tuesday 19 January 2016

"We R Tongue Tied In 1996" - MacGeecy Project Mash-up

In the final months - possibly even weeks - of the last academic year, this song became one of my favourite mashup:


It's "We R Tongue Tied In 1996", which is the MacGeecy Project's mashup of Kesha's "We R Who We R", Grouplove's "Tongue Tied" and The Wombats' "1996". I came across it by chance when looking for remixes of "Tongue Tied" on YouTube; my discovery of this excellent mashup delighted me. If I were to grant ratings, "We R Tongue Tied In 1996" would definitely receive a 10/10 from me.

I have mentioned Kesha on a few occasions, the most notable two being here and here. Until this post I had never written about Grouplove or The Wombats, although I was certain I had covered "Tongue Tied" here at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment