Tuesday 9 July 2013

Skylar Grey's second album, "Don't Look Down"

On May 23rd, 2006, Skylar Grey (then Holly Brook) released her first album, Like Blood Like Honey. During that year, she became known from her featured appearance in the hit song "Where'd You Go" by Fort Minor. For a few years after the departure of "Where'd You Go" from the pop charts, her only appearances on radio were in the occasional repeat of the song; then, in 2010, she re-emerged under her "Skylar Grey" persona as a featured artist on a few songs. In late 2011, she released the single "Invisible"

At long last, after over seven years, Grey has released her second album: Don't Look Down. I was delighted in the final quarter of 2012 to finally obtain a copy of Like Blood Like Honey and now I can genuinely look forward to having her second album. I wrote back in May that July 9th was the release date, although I was concerned that the date would be pushed back again. For some reason, "Invisible" isn't included on the album but I can live with that.

As of this writing, Don't Look Down is available here on Amazon UK as an import; while I want the album, I will wait a spell longer to see if a full release will happen here or if a deluxe edition will materialize. For now, I'm just overjoyed that Grey has a second album out! A part of me thought that a follow-up to Like Blood Like Honey would never come to be but I didn't give up hope!

4 comments:

  1. I think I've heard of her. I'll have to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've written a few posts about her now. :P I don't usually get this excited about music but this is an exception!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this artist. I'll have to go look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, definitely listen to her debut album first. :)

      Delete