Wednesday 31 July 2013

Bloggers Blog Party - July 2013

From the end of May up until the end of June, I participated in my friend and fellow blogger Stephanie's Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party. At the end of my final post for the party, I mentioned that I was considering continuing with the party at a monthly pace; here is my "July" post:

Wednesday, 3rd July: Mum was annoyed to discover that this pizza half of our dinner for that evening had gone mouldy; she hates wasting food. This is the first time that pizza has gone mouldy in our house.

Thursday, 11th July: I spotted this iPhone 5 case when out on my walk that afternoon. This is the second time I've found the remains of an Apple product in this town! I can assure you that it's not mine, though: I don't litter.

Friday, 19th July: On this morning, my brother spotted this young pigeon on a fence post. The pigeon remained on the post after I had finished photographing it.

Monday, 22nd July: This was an ant nest at the back of our house; it has since been exterminated. The lizards we used to get in Southern Oregon would have loved these flying ants pictured here: the ants would have been an excellent source of food for them.

Monday, 29th July: This sloped dark cloud appeared on this recent Monday evening; the cloud was originally straight and flat across the sky. It unleashed a massive downpour not long after this photograph was taken.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I'll do that for August. I was lazy in July; not many pictures! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cute little pigeon and the ants. Glad to see your update! I've actually considered continuing myself. I sort of miss trying to find something to take photos of even when my day is boring and I think there's nothing to take a photo of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ants have come back; Mum was dealing with a load of flying ants an hour ago.

      I enjoyed the party; I wanted to continue with it. It's much easier getting a picture a week, of course, but doing it for a month was still a good challenge! :)

      Delete