Saturday 20 July 2013

"Ayshalak" - Elissa

When reading my friend and fellow blogger Jessica's blog earlier today, I saw that she had briefly mentioned the Lebanese singer Elissa, a performer of Arabic pop music. I've known about Elissa for year, as I came across her Wikipedia article in 2007; I re-discovered her a few years later either by randomly browsing YouTube one day or being linked to her when looking up the music of Israeli pop singer Dana International. Even though I can't understand Elissa's lyrics, I do like her voice and her music; I have her 2002 album, Ayshalak.

This is "Ayshalak" from Ayshalak:


I have Ayshalak because that was the Elissa album available on Amazon UK; I received it at Easter. Ayshalak is the first album I own that isn't sung in English; before owning a copy of Ayshalak, the only albums that I owned with significant amounts of another language to English were a couple of Shakira's, which contained Spanish tracks.

I'm quite pleased that Jessica mentioned Elissa; it's good to know another person who knows about her!

2 comments:

  1. I love her voice. :) When I get the money, I would love to order her CD. I can understand a little bit; I can't wait for the day when I can understand the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her voice is lovely. :) I'd like to get more of her CDs but Ayshalak appears to be the only one available on Amazon UK at the moment, although I haven't looked much.

      Delete