Monday 20 February 2012

Coventry pictures

I selected eleven pictures from our visit to Coventry yesterday: six are from me and five are from my brother. While slightly more of my pictures have been included in this post, my brother photographed more than I did because I spent most of our time in Coventry indoors at the meet with my friends.

These are the images I took; all were done with my phone:

A "Welcome to Coventry" sign, taken from within our car.

This is a lot where we parked at temporarily before we found a parking garage located near the middle of Coventry. The tall building in the left/middle part of the background is a Ramada Inn, and the larger buildings to the right are related to Coventry's rugby.

A road my brother, Dad, and I were walking alongside towards the city centre. I do not know what the names of any of the buildings in this picture are.

This picture is an odd one: it was taken from the top of the parking garage our car was ultimately parked at, and done while our car was in motion. Rather than turn out as a blur, the camera on my phone seemed to compensate for pictures taken inside a moving car by having everything in the image appear "wavy". I think it is neat, and better than a blur.

I think this is King Richard Street, or Road. I took the picture while our car was stopped in traffic.

Contrary to what the sign says, there were no accidents in that direction: we were just paused in traffic again. I wanted to get a couple of pictures of the houses in the background, and have one that included the sign.

The rest of the pictures were taken by my brother. He mainly photographed the area around Coventry Cathedral:

A view over towards the old Coventry Cathedral. The building was mostly destroyed when Coventry was bombed during World War II, but parts of it, such as the spire, still remain to this day.

This is a picture of a pub in the vicinity of the cathedral.

My brother said that this is another part of the old Coventry Cathedral.

Another picture of the spire for the old cathedral. Yesterday really was an ideal day to get some great pictures.

These are the roofless ruins of the old cathedral. I hope to see the cathedrals for myself in a future trip to Coventry.

That brings us to the end of this post. I hope you liked the pictures: I can say that while I am pleased with the ones I took, I am impressed with the ones from my brother!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Andrew, beautiful! I am feeling rather down today and these pictures cheered me up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them, and that they helped your day a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete