Saturday 25 February 2012

About the "Short Stories" series

After jumping straight into a Short Story with no prior introduction, I thought I would write a bit about what they will be. To begin with, the stories will not have a set genre or topic to them: the first one was food-related, but the second will be about something else, the third different again, and so on (of course, while I will write another food story later on, I will not be bringing back the same characters as before, although I am open to changing my mind on that). I think making them random and covering topics I have not written about before will make them interesting reads.

I want to experiment and use these stories, along with the rest of my blog, to improve and maintain my writing skills. One element that may be common in the series will be stories influenced by obscure items, such as yesterday's story coming from a brief line in a television show. I should be able to write stories from small parts of songs, minor odd events in life overall; and I would also like to include any dreams that I think could be turned into a good story. I am looking forward to seeing what I can turn into a short story.

As always, feedback will be appreciated: if you dislike one of the stories or have suggestions for me, do let me know; and of course if you like or love a story, I would really appreciate being told that, too.

4 comments: