Wednesday 22 February 2012

Chocolate sprinkled

My favourite type of doughnut has always been the "chocolate sprinkled" variety. To be fair, I like caramel-topped doughnuts and I like regular chocolate doughnuts, but I love a doughnut with chocolate and sprinkle topping. I do not mind if it is a chocolate doughnut with chocolate icing and sprinkles or a plain doughnut with that same topping: I love them either way. I never dunk a chocolate sprinkled doughnut...it is too nice to eat on its own to corrupt it with the flavour of anything else.

During the occasions when there has been a box of doughnuts available, the majority have included at least one chocolate sprinkled doughnut, and as far as I can recall I was able to have a chocolate sprinkled doughnut from all those boxes except one of them (somebody else ate it out of spite: it was not as though they liked the type themselves, they just wanted to stop me from having it). I would like to note, however, that there had been a queue before me for each of the boxes, so it was not as though I was first in line to selfishly take my favourite type of doughnut! Favourite or not, I never complain about not getting the chocolate sprinkled doughnut (the exception being if someone clearly eats it with bad intentions in mind); besides, there is normally a normal chocolate doughnut available anyway.

The only issue here is that I actually cannot remember the last time I even had a doughnut, let alone a chocolate sprinkled one. The local bakeries do cupcakes, which are still lovely in themselves, but they are not doughnuts. At the end of the day, doughnuts are not an essential part of a healthy diet...but they are still good to eat occasionally!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... you're making me hungry. I prefer chocolate, glazed or a krohler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they're all good, and powdered doughnuts are good too! :)

    ReplyDelete