Saturday 4 February 2012

Snowing outside

While we are still having a relatively mild winter, there is some noteworthy snowfall here in my part of Northamptonshire: the road and the sides are white, and the cars in our neighbourhood are moderately covered. Dad reckons the snow is powdery, and probably will not take too long to melt.

It seems that the entire United Kingdom is bracing itself for a massive amount of snow to arrive: I heard that something like four inches worth is expected, but that can be a lot by British standards (especially for London, for whenever it receives snow, regardless of how much, the whole nation has to hear about it). Looking outside, I would say that we currently have significantly less than an inch of it.

The only thing I hope they do not do is start gritting, at least not yet: when we lived in Nottingham during the heavy snows there, the walkpaths were covered in grit, and it was awful traipsing dirt everywhere (especially into stores or my grandparents' front hall).

It is dark here at the moment, and the snow has come in the last hour or so. I look forward to seeing what it looks like during the daytime.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky! I want snow! I am taking the polar plunge next week. It better be cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am there sure are a lot of people here who would gladly send snow to anyone who wanted it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I wish we had some snow where I live. It's been in the 50s and 60s all week :-/ *sigh*

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll see if I can get some pictures for tomorrow's post. :)

    ReplyDelete