Friday 17 February 2012

Mud

I had to laugh earlier when going for a walk with my Dad and my brother. When we three last went for a walk together, I ended up taking us through a heavily muddy field and made a mess of our shoes. During our walk today, I selected a route that I thought would not be too muddy for the occasion.

Surprise, surprise! It took us through quite a bit of mud, and whenever I said "we should be past the worst of the mud now", we ended up walking onto even muddier parts of the path. Fortunately, the mud only lasted for the first part of the walk, and once we were back on concrete again we were able to remove the mud from our shoes.

I will be glad when we are out of the wet season: there are several paths that I would like to explore around here, but since the footpaths are mainly dirt paths, all or most of them will be muddy for the time being.

2 comments: