Tuesday 28 February 2012

Hot sauce and cheese

Out of all my family members, my mother uses hot sauce the most; she does not use it all the time, of course, but we frequently have meals that are suitable for adding hot sauce (Dad and I use soy sauce more while brother adds nothing). While my own usage of hot sauce is rare, there is one piece of food I do really like adding it to: cheese.

I discovered it one day when for some reason I felt like putting hot sauce on a piece of cheddar cheese. To my surprise, I found the combination worked: the sauce added a tasty spiciness, in both heat and flavour, to the cheese. So far I have only used hot sauce on "cheaper" varieties of cheese, but I would be curious to see what it would be like on less common types.

If you like cheese, I recommend trying it with hot sauce. In all fairness, cheese can be mixed with a lot of other foods, but having it with hot sauce is combination nice enough to want to write about.

1 comment: