Sunday 6 November 2011

Non-stop fireworks

For close to two weeks, there have been fireworks going off nearly every night. Even now, as I type this, I can hear fireworks. Prior to Halloween, the fireworks were probably being let off because of Diwali, then they were likely being launched in anticipation of Halloween itself. After that, the reason for them being used was the run-up to a celebration here in the United Kingdom called Guy Fawkes Night, and then Guy Fawkes Night itself. As for tonight, I have no idea why they are still going on, other than the fact that some people probably still have some fireworks left over!

Have no worries, I am not suddenly opposed to celebrations: however, hearing fireworks nearly every night for close to two weeks can get somewhat irritating. On the other hand, these people are having a good time, so perhaps I should not let it bother me too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment