Saturday 12 November 2011

My "Recipes": Andrew’s Salad

Episode eleven of My "Recipes" is entitled Andrew's Salad. It is not to be confused with the earlier recipe, Andrew's Very Health Salad.

1 bag of baby carrots (small carrots!)
5 sticks of celery
3 tomatoes
1 bag of broccoli
1 onion
1 big bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch not low fat or no fat
5 tsp. of garlic salt

How to make it:

Pour ½ of the bags of vegetables in the bowl and chop all the other vegetables up,
In fact chop all the vegetables up!
Then add ½ of the ranch then add the garlic salt.
Garlic salt and ranch is optional.
ENJOY!

My verdict: a salad made up of carrots, celery, tomato, broccoli, and an onion (I am guessing a bulb onion here, rather than spring onions) would certainly be different to the regular lettuce salads. This recipe seems okay, although any type of salad dressing could be used, rather than a particular brand.

4 comments:

  1. May I use Andrew's Salad for this little cookbook handout I am making for my aunt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please feel free! :) Will you want the text tidying a bit first or is it fine as is? I'm just copying the text from what I wrote years ago, hence the lower quality writing. If you want a tidier version (but no change in the ingredients, don't worry!), I can do that for you and e-mail it to you later if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send me the tidier version please. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay then, I'll have it done very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete