Tuesday 22 November 2011

Fog

I am surprised by the amount of fog we have had here over the past week: the neighbourhood has been shrouded in fog nearly every morning and during some of the evenings. It has been years since I have seen fog this thick...any fog we had in Nottinghamshire and Cambridgeshire dissipated quickly, and was not heavy to begin with.

For the most part, the fog has not really been a problem, although it has been a minor nuisance when Dad goes to work each morning. Not when it comes to driving through it (as far as I am aware of anyway), but rather he has to use a towel to dry the mirrors and windscreen every morning.

Even so, the weather at this point is milder for us than it was this time last year: when we were still living in Nottinghamshire it was much, much colder and I think it was snowing by now. I just looked out my window, and there does not appear to be any fog outside at the moment, but as I said above, it has been more common during the mornings. It would be good to have a foggy afternoon, as I would not mind taking a walk through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment