Thursday 24 November 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

All because we moved to the United Kingdom last year does not mean I have stopped celebrating Thanksgiving. If anything, one of the things I am thankful for is that my time in the United States and the United Kingdom has allowed me to be able to celebrate an expanded variety of occasions, and Thanksgiving itself is one of them. There were a few times in the United States where our friends took part in a British event with us, and I am looking forward to the day when we can do a similar thing in celebrating American events with people over here.

So what am I thankful for this year? Well, I am always thankful that my parents, brother, and myself are healthy; and that we all care for and about each other. I am thankful for being able to spend time with relatives both this year and last; and the Nottingham trip from three months ago is something I will not ever forget.

I am thankful that we left my grandparents' house at the beginning of the year to move to Cambridgeshire, and although the stay in Cambridgeshire was shorter than the time we spent living at my grandparents', I am thankful that we at least had the chance to experience that county. I am thankful that we have moved to Northamptonshire, and that our moves to both Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire went smoothly for the most part.

Finally, I am thankful for the new people I have met since I started this blog, and also thankful for my friend who convinced me to start my blog. You have all been great and I hope to meet more people, both in real-life and online.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Does the U.K. celebrate Thanksgiving? Or is there an equivalence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the UK doesn't actually celebrate Thanksgiving, and I don't think there is an equivalent event. We merely want to continue celebrating what we used to celebrate in the US, and anyone who would like to join in with us is welcome to. :)

    ReplyDelete