Tuesday 18 October 2011

Hover!

Years ago when we were using Windows 95 (ah, those were the days), there was a game I remember briefly playing while using that operating system called Hover!, a simple flag-collecting game using hovering bumper cars. Despite the short amount of time playing it, it was memorable enough that I thought of it again a decade or so later when we were using Windows XP.

In early 2009, I decided to look the game up, and was surprised to learn that people were still downloading and playing Hover!, so I installed it on my computer. While the graphics are ancient and blocky, and there are only three levels, the game turned out to be more fun than I had anticipated and remembered it being.

If you like simple games like this, I would recommend taking a look at Hover!: it may be old, and probably only useful for when you are bored or need a time-filler when waiting for something else, but it can be fun; and besides, it runs on Windows 7. I do find old pieces of software like Hover! fascinating in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment