Friday 14 October 2011

Bad food combinations

I have found that there are some foods that I just do not like to eat combined. I am not referring to something bizarre like broccoli with chocolate syrup, pineapple, and cheddar cheese; I am talking about two perfectly normal foods mixed, even if I like each ingredient individually.

For example, I like raw mushrooms and raw tomatoes. However, I cannot stand them together: there is just something about eating them that makes me feel queasy. I can eat them together cooked (such as in spaghetti), just not raw. I get a similar feeling with sweet corn mixed with peas (although I do not like peas full stop, and corn and peas have to be cooked): sweet corn and mixed peas has to be one of my least favourite meals.

Does anybody else have any combinations of food that either you merely dislike or make you feel ill?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, you sound like me. I'm not a big fan of peas regardless, but corn and peas together, ick. Never tried raw mushrooms and tomatoes together, but it doesn't sound too appealing.

    Ohh, I posted Halloween pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother loves corn and peas, but she is the only one in the house who does!

    I'll take a look at the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete