Wednesday 26 March 2014

"Word Up!" - Little Mix

This song has been gaining in popularity here for the last three weeks or so:


It's "Word Up" by Little Mix, a British girl group. "Word Up" was initially recorded in 1986 by the band Cameo and Little Mix covered the song for Sport Relief 2014, a charity event. I like Cameo's original (I even heard it on Oregon radio) but I love Little Mix's cover: it's faster and contains much more energy, combined with the fact that I've always liked their voices.

Actor Chris Barrie appears in Little Mix's video for "Word Up". Barrie is notable to me because years ago I watched Red Dwarf, a sci-fi comedy series in which he starred. Melanie Chisholm of the Spice Girls appears in the video, too. Before tonight, I had no idea that they appeared in the video, as I watched it for the first time an hour ago.

3 comments: