Wednesday 5 March 2014

The weirdest

When my family and I lived in Southern Oregon, our newspaper was the Mail Tribune. At least once a week, it would feature a segment covering "weird" news. Hidden in my belongings was this cut-out from an edition of the Mail Tribune from well over ten years ago:

It was for a project my brother and I were working on for our grandparents (a home-made book for their 40th wedding anniversary; we gave it to them the next time they flew over to visit); however, for some reason it wasn't included in the completed item and I ended up keeping it. I think we were going to include this small piece of weird news in our project because we thought that it would be something our grandfather would find amusing, but I can't remember why it was ultimately omitted.

I will always remember the Mail Tribune as a decent and informative newspaper; while I occasionally look at it online to follow what's happening in Southern Oregon, I do miss it in its print form. I have, in my possession, at least two full editions of the paper: one from September 2007 and the other from November 2008.

4 comments: