Sunday 2 February 2014

Yesterday's gift

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I had received a gift during a visit to Nottingham to see my Hong Kong uncle. I said that this gift would help me with my blog. So, what did I receive?

A new phone! Well, it's actually not new but it is to me. When I saw my Hong Kong uncle last summer, he mentioned that he would be getting himself a new phone and would be retiring his old one. When I asked him if he was planning to sell it at all, he said that I could have it once he was finished with it.

How will the phone help with the blog? It has a significantly improved camera compared to my now-old phone, both in megapixels (8 vs 5) and in image quality. While I usually use my main camera for photographs, I do take a lot with my phone and I'm looking forward to taking pictures with my new phone! Its indoor shots, even in low light, are fairly decent and I'm curious to see what they're like in natural outside light.

As for the phone I bought in September of 2012, I have given that to my mother. She is delighted about having my old phone, as it is a vast improvement upon hers, which was also mine before I upgraded in late 2012.

2 comments: