Monday 24 February 2014

"Second Chance" - Shinedown

Not every song that I like is dance-pop, teen pop, by some obscure or forgotten artist, or by Lady Gaga or Fergie or Katy Perry. Surprisingly, I happen to like songs such as this one:


It's "Second Chance" by alternative rock/post-grunge band Shinedown and it's from their 2008 studio album, The Sound of Madness. I first heard "Second Chance" when it played on mainstream U.S. radio in early to mid-2009 and I liked the song almost immediately. Sure, I love pop/dance music, but a good rock song? Definitely!

I also liked Shinedown's other single from The Sound of Madness that had success on mainstream U.S. radio: "If You Only Knew". It didn't perform in the charts quite a well as "Second Chance" did, but it was successful in its own right.

Oh, and The Sound of Madness is indeed in my music collection; it's not as though as I liked the two songs but ignored the album from which they were released! The Sound of Madness is a great album and I was fortunate to receive a deluxe copy.

4 comments:

  1. Great song! I used to listen to Shinedown a lot. Hmmm... maybe I'll see if I can get this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been surprised if you hadn't heard of Shinedown. :)

      Delete
  2. I liked the song. Speaking of Fergie, she looks good as a mom.

    ReplyDelete