Thursday 13 February 2014

"Crying for No Reason" - Katy B

The song that I'm into currently is this one:


It's "Crying for No Reason" by Katy B, taken from her second studio album, Little Red. Katy B is a dubstep/garage artist but her music is also regarded as pop. I don't completely understand exactly what dubstep/garage-style music is but whenever I've heard a song described as being in those genres, I've usually found that it's been a song I've disliked; however, Katy B is an exemption, as her music, whatever its exact genres are, is good.

While there are several of Katy B's song that I like, such as "Broken Record" and "Lights On", "Crying for No Reason" is, in my opinion, her best song to date. My brother is more into Katy B than I am, in all fairness, but I do like her. She has a strong voice.

4 comments:

  1. I've always understood dubstep to be close to techno. A spray paint artist that toured West Chester always listened to dubstep while doing his art. I think Deadmau5 is considered dubstep and I like him. I like this song too. It's rare for me to like dubstep, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not really into techno music, either. I like the occasional song but not the genre as a whole.

      Delete
  2. She looks very Valentine's Day appropriate. :)

    ReplyDelete