Sunday 23 June 2013

"West End Girls" - West End Girls

For today's post, this is "West End Girls" by West End Girls, a Pet Shop Boys tribute band from Sweden:


The song by West End Girls is a cover of the Pet Shop Boys' debut single "West End Girls, which was originally released in 1984. Being a tribute band, the West End Girls cover Pet Shop Boys songs in their work, with their album Goes Petshopping consisting exclusively of Pet Shop Boys tracks. I'm a fan of the Pet Shop Boys (my parents are, too) and I think the covers that West End Girls have done are fine pieces of music; I hope they do more.

I found out about West End Girls a few years ago when I watched the documentary Pet Shop Boys: A Life in Pop, where they were briefly mentioned. I have posted about the Pet Shops Boys before, most notably in this post and this one.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Pet Shop Boys are coming here at the end of the summer. Never listened to them, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I think they were in London in the past week but it wasn't convenient to go. :/

      Delete
    2. If the tickets weren't so expensive, I'd go and check them out! But $40 for a band I haven't heard, nope. I have other expenses. :(

      Delete
    3. That's a shame; $40 is quite a lot of money. :/ Still, I'm fascinated that they're coming to your area!

      Delete