Friday 21 June 2013

Bloggers Blog Party - week #4

My fourth post towards Stephanie's Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party. This week was an easier week for photography than the previous:

Saturday, 15th June: This is the box for my Dad's new phone; this is the first "new" phone that Dad has ever had, rather than a second-hand or unboxed-but-two-years-old-model handset. He has been delighted with his new phone, which I am pleased about since I'm the one the recommended the model he purchased!

Sunday, 16th June: The bare patch of dirt in the park was once home to a bench; I was shocked to see that the bench had disappeared! The bench was damaged and it's possible that's the reason why it was removed, but as of yet the bench has not been replaced.

Monday, 17th June: I took this close-up shot of a tiny snail using Dad's new phone. I did not get the phone too close, though: I doubt the snail would have appreciated having a handset shoved in its face and Dad would not have been impressed with snail slime on his new phone!

Tuesday, 18th June: This is a red poppy; it was taken by my brother rather than me, although I was present when he took the picture. Red poppies are significant in the United Kingdom because they are the symbol of the end of World War I and remembering the soldiers who have died in wars.

Wednesday, 19th June: These are stinging nettles. Nettles have stung me three times in the past two weeks...and the last time they stung me was back in 2010; direct contact with the skin on the leaves will cause a mildly painful but deeply itchy feeling. As with poison oak in the United States, nettles should be avoided, but there is a plethora of them around here at the moment!

Thursday, 20th June: One of Mum's ornamental eggs. Mum was going to get rid of her ornamental egg set for the sake of saving space in our house; however, this baffled Dad and he suggested they be kept, as he liked them. Mum didn't object and thus, the eggs were saved. I like the eggs, too, and I'm glad we haven't dumped them.

Friday, 21st June: This is a school sign; we live close to a school zone and it's common to see children walking back home each weekday afternoon. Cars occupy both sides of the main road while the children are leaving school but not for long.

This was a fun week! Stephanie's post is here.

4 comments:

  1. Neat pictures. I love the snail picture. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superstition-y (?) belief here in the Czech Republic says that stinging nettles are a prevention for rheumatism, though... much like ants' bites.

    The ornamental egg is intriguing! On many fronts. Where do they come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that piece! I hadn't heard that before.

      I don't know where the eggs are from; I'll have to ask my mother.

      Welcome to my blog, Hana - Marmota! :)

      Delete