Friday 14 June 2013

Bloggers Blog Party - week #3

I have had a tough week for photography for my third post towards Stephanie's Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party; it has not been a particularly exciting week and the weather didn't help me on some of the days. I had to force a few of these pictures:

Saturday, 8th June: This day was the second gardening Saturday in a row; I photographed this bumblebee on a Santa Barbara ceanothus. While this plant's flowers are beautiful, it is an import; it's native to, as its name suggests, Santa Barbara, California.

Sunday, 9th June: I was disappointed at seeing garbage in the moorhens' pond; there are plenty of places to throw junk away yet some people are still too lazy and would rather litter, even if it damages nature. Sadly, the park has litter scattered all over it and so does our town; this problem is not limited to our town, but even so, it's one I thought would be addressed by now.

Monday, 10th June: This is a toy of one of those aliens from the Toy Story series. Years ago, they used to be packaged in kid's meals at certain fast food chains, although I obtained this one for free years ago at a yard sale (it was about to be thrown away along with several other toys that hadn't sold). Obviously, I'm too old for toys such as this one, but I don't want to throw this alien in the garbage and instead I keep him stored away. Sorry about the slightly slanted picture.

Tuesday, 11th June: This is a fritata cooking; it was made from eggs (obviously!), leftover ham, two leeks, a few other vegetables and Moroccan seasoning. The fritata was an excellent way to turn leftovers into a new meal and was delicious.

Wednesday, 12th June: I spotted this smashed up Apple product on the ground when out on a walk; evidently somebody was either dissatisfied or tired of what item this used to be. There were more pieces of the device spread around.

Thursday, 13th June: Rain on the street outside our house; we had expected rain on this day but no one thought we would get a sudden five-minute-long deluge! The rain passed over our neighbourhood as quickly as it had arrived.

Friday, 14th June: Sorry, it's another food-related picture but one that is certainly worthwhile: these are the result of Mum's first attempt at homemade vegetable burgers. To give a superficial description of the preparation, Mum mixed all the vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, broccoli, onions and peppers) in her blender under they became a mushy mess, placed the contents in a large bowl, added six eggs, added breadcrumbs and then mixed it all until the mixture could hold itself together. To say that the burgers were tasty would be an understatement! Mum also made some fish burgers, using a similar method to the vegetable burgers.

I might have had a difficult week for photographs but it has not dampened my enthusiasm to continue! As of this writing, Stephanie's post for this week can be found here.

12 comments:

  1. I remember those toys! I still have my Pokemon toys, I think. They're somewhere. Food looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still keep a few toys; my brother's and my toys are packed away for our own children, but I have a few "special" ones elsewhere. ;) (A lot of people do!) Not sure what the monetary value of some of them is, though.

      Delete
    2. Hush, hush! Monetary value is completely irrelevant with toys. ;-)

      Delete
    3. The sentimental value is worth more. ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They were great and the fish burgers were even better. :) Not bad for a first attempt at them!

      Delete
  3. http://clayxmatthewsxfan89.blogspot.com/2013/06/secret-life-of-bloggers-blog-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. oof, glad that Apple device wasn't yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, no; I don't smash my electronics, ever. :)

      Delete
  5. I have a lot of food in my post, too. When you make your own, it does become a fairly defining feature of your day!
    Vegetable burgers are great. I should do them more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an enjoyable experience to make your own food. :)

      Delete