Saturday 22 June 2013

The small dog

When out on a walk this afternoon, I heard and saw somebody, who had a dog, talking to a person on the opposite side of the road. While I didn't recognise the first person, the second was someone I often see when I go out for a walk, and he almost always has his two small dogs with him; I said hello as I was about to pass him.

Then, one of his two dogs barked and attempted to pull away from the leash; before the man managed to secure the leash, the dog had already caught me off-guard by running between my legs, catching me in the leash until I quickly pulled myself from it. At first I thought the dog had gone for me, but it was actually going for the dog on the other side; the dog it barked at didn't give much of a response.

The man had to stop both his dogs from breaking away, as his other dog was reacting to the actions of its companion; he then apologised to me after they had calmed down but I wasn't bothered or upset by what happened: I hadn't been hurt and small dogs are often more aggressive and territorial towards other dogs. Anyway, it sounds funny to say that you got charged by a small dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment