Tuesday 11 June 2013

Derbyshire's "Blue Lagoon"

I've already mentioned this elsewhere today but I thought it would be worthwhile covering it here, too. Yesterday, I read this article on the BBC about a Derbyshire quarry commonly known as the "Blue Lagoon":


It's disappointing that the quarry has had to be dyed black to ward off people from swimming in it. From what I've heard, the area is well-signed to inform people that the Blue Lagoon is toxic and should not be approached, let alone swam in. The water might have appeared beautiful but as we all know, all because something is beautiful does not automatically make it beneficial to you.

4 comments:

  1. Aww. :(

    I hate when people change things like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't object to the water being dyed...I'm just astounded that people mistook the water for being pure when in reality it was toxic!

      Delete
  2. ugh this is so mean but I sort of feel like if people are stupid enough to swim in toxic water when there are signs around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, too many people bring their kids to the lagoon; adults are responsible for their own actions but I don't think that children should suffer for their parents' idiocy. :/

      Delete