Tuesday 18 June 2013

Daisy and iris

When my brother and I tested the camera on Dad's new phone yesterday, we photographed a variety of flowers; my brother took the following two images:

This is a daisy. Daisies are dirt-common here at the moment but we still wanted to photograph at least one of them; besides, this one made a great test for the camera!

This is an iris down by the lilypad pond. My brother thought it was an orchid but I remember seeing irises similar to this one back in Oregon.

8 comments:

  1. You're right, that is an iris. Mostly I just see the purple ones around here, though. That yellow one is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see some purple ones. :) The irises in Southern Oregon were white.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures, must be a great camera. Beautiful flowers too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw yellow irises in abundance at a river in Southern Moravia here. Definitely an iris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! Did you manage to get any pictures? :)

      Delete
    2. I did, but that was at the time when sugar had got into my camera, so those pictures are fuzzy... :D Still, I'll try and dig them up, because that was a very interesting day.

      Delete
    3. I don't think I've ever had sugar in my camera before! :)

      Delete