Wednesday 14 September 2011

"You're Beautiful" - James Blunt, a piano cover

Occasionally, I like going onto YouTube and looking at covers of pop songs, especially piano covers. One of my favourite covers so far is one of "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt; I love the original version of the song (one of the best songs of 2006 in the US), and this piano cover is a perfectly-made rendition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvJMEpBws5Q

The cover has a sadder, slower, and gentler sound to it than the original: it is those qualities, and the fact it has been expertly played, that make it a brilliant cover. It would be good if there were a singer with a voice to fit this version, but the tune holds up very well on its own. The name of the uploader is "Microrator": they have performed countless piano covers and uploaded them to YouTube, and while I think all the music I have listened to from them so far is good, this one is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment