Saturday 17 September 2011

Homemade pizza

It may come as no surprise that I do like eating pizza. Most of the pizzas I have eaten have tasted great, whether they have been from stores or restaurants; however, I have to admit that my mother makes excellent pizza too. The most common types of pizzas Mum makes are the familiar flavours of vegetable-only, chicken, meat-only, and Hawaiian.

Mum likes to experiment in her cooking, and pizza is no exception to this: she has created toppings that are not normally available commercially. For example, she once made a pizza that consisted of seafood; in this case, I do not mean little bits of mixed seafood on a pizza, instead, I am referring to substantial pieces of proper salmon. Other flavours include a steak and asparagus pizza (my least favourite, unfortunately), a spaghetti pizza (plus other pasta pizzas), and a brie and cranberry pizza. Perhaps one day she might do a pizza with burgers and/or french fries on.

None of my mother's pizzas are the same, even something as simple as two cheese pizzas from the same batch: in fact, the only thing consistent with all the pizzas Mum has made is that the breadmaker made the dough for every one of them. Last night she made a pizza with chicken, olives, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cheese. I do not know her exact recipe (with meals like pizza Mum does not even need to follow a recipe) and I did not help with the cooking, but here is a picture, taken by my brother:

Does it look good? I can assure you it was, and it is currently the largest pizza she has made yet!

If you like cooking I do recommend making your own pizza. You can make your own versions of the regular pizza types, or you can mix and match various toppings to make all sorts of weird and wonderful pizzas!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I was surprised that it was pretty easy to make and they really do taste good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They are surprisingly easy to make (especially this one as I didn't help at all with the cooking, but I have helped make others before), can have any ingredient you desire, and they taste great.

    ReplyDelete