Sunday 18 September 2011

Katy Hudson

Ever heard of Katy Hudson? Well, if you listen to pop music regularly then you probably hear her voice every day and do not even realize it...even during this typing one of her songs played on my radio. She is colorful, full of fun, and has a great sense of humor, singing about waking up in Vegas, how wonderful California girls are, and being ecstatic about Friday night.

Yes, I am talking about Katy Perry. It may surprise you to learn that before One of the Boys came to be, Katy Hudson released her eponymous debut album in 2001. Unlike One of the Boys and Teenage Dream, Katy Hudson is a gospel album with rock and pop sounds, and is far, far, different in sound and feel to her later records. I do not normally listen to this style of music, but I found myself wanting to hear the whole album when I once listened to some clips of the tracks.  

I do prefer the music of Katy Perry, but to give credit where it is due, Katy Hudson is a good album, and her vocals then are as strong as they are now. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to get hold of a copy of the record, as the label that released her album closed at the end of 2001, thereby ceasing the production of Katy Hudson. The album is rare, and the copies that are available for sale are very expensive.

If you go onto YouTube you can find a couple of interviews from her time in music as Katy Hudson. I have only watched one, then followed it with a recent interview she did. It is interesting to listen to Katy Hudson interviewed then to listen to Katy Perry.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, she was a gospel singer, right? It is hard to believe that listening to her songs now. Hmm.. I am going to have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was, but I thought it was still a good album. It is certainly different from her current hits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... Will have to check out that songs in that album. Hmmm... They almost have the same name as Kate Hudson! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I fooled a couple of people when I said I saw a video of a much younger "Katy Hudson" and they thought I'd said a younger "Kate Hudson"! Welcome to my blog, Flutterhappy! :)

    ReplyDelete