Thursday 21 July 2011

The morning alarm

A silly thing happened to me this morning: last night, my brother and I were listening to 19 by Adele in my CD player/clock/radio unit (it is his disc). He went to bed after we listened to it, but he left the disc in my player.

I have an alarm on my unit to wake me up in the morning, and it can be set to different modes (it was still set to CD from the night before, as I had forgotten to change it). So, when it went off at 6:30, I was woken up by the music of Adele. However, as I was half-awake at the time, I assumed Heart was having a morning filled with commercial-free Adele songs, or my brother had changed the radio dial to another station that was doing the same thing.

Either way, I listened for over half an hour, believing it to be a radio special, and due to my half-awake state, none of the Adele songs registered with me as the ones I had heard before I went to bed (I even thought I was hearing music from her new album, 21!). It was only when I was curious what station it was set to and turned the dial to check that I became aware of what was going on. After facepalming myself at thinking it was a radio special, and for forgetting to change my unit's settings back, I stopped the CD player.

I felt like a chump, but the feeling did not last long as by now I was completely awake, and the whole event provided a few laughs for other family members and for myself. I hope it makes a good blog post too!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, that sounds like something I'd do.

    What does Adele sound like? She's popular at the library I work at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think her genres are something like "soul" and "blues", but I've also heard the term "country-soul" used to describe her, and she has been compared to Duffy. Adele's voice is very strong, especially in songs such as "Rolling in the Deep" and "Chasing Pavements".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go with my dad to pick up my younger sister from the Harry Potter premier at 2 am. We were waiting in the car for about 2 hours and heard Adele play about 12 times. My dad really likes her so was very excited and was singing along obnoxiously. I told my sister when she came out that I couldn't believe the radio station played the same song 12 times and she was like " little do you know, he's been requesting her all night." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, thanks for sharing that, Stephanie Ann. :) Welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete