Monday 11 July 2011

My "Recipes": "Andrew's All Chocolate Sandwich"

This is the second episode of the My "Recipes" series: this one is Andrew’s All Chocolate Sandwich: 

2 Slices of chocolate bread.
1 bottle of chocolate syrup.
1 Chocolate Orange.

How to make it:
Get the chocolate bread and spread as much chocolate syrup as you can on it.
Stick the Chocolate Orange in between. (In pieces)
Eat!

My verdict: this sounds even more sickeningly sweet than the first recipe. Chocolate bread, chocolate syrup, and chocolate oranges (I am referring to Terry’s Chocolate Oranges here) are nice on their own, but I really do not think they would be nice as a sandwich, and I most likely not want any more dessert for a week if I did eat it.

The “spread as much chocolate syrup as you can on it” instruction is unhelpful as well: if anything, I would spread the chocolate as thinly as possible on the bread rather than smear half a bottle of it on each slice. However, I should note that I prefer open sandwiches with no spread at all on them, so I likely would not even put syrup on anyway. My recipe also implies the whole chocolate orange should be used, and eating a whole one of those on their own can make you sick. If one of these sandwiches was ever made, I would recommend eating it in bits rather than all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment