Wednesday 15 February 2017

The halted walk

This afternoon, I attempted to walk to Ruddington; as is probably clear by now, I often walk down to Ruddington, so an "attempt" to walk there seems out of place. Nevertheless, an attempt is all that happened today.

So what was the problem? The weather didn't appear to be too bad when I left my accommodation; it was cloudy but major rain didn't seem like it would be an issue. Oops. I was halfway to Ruddington when the weather started to chuck it down; I hadn't brought my umbrella and so I was forced to turn around and head back.

Fortunately, this wasn't too much of a defeat: upon my turning around and heading back to Clifton's centre, I saw, leaving one of the stores, a college friend whom I hadn't seen since June. Having a halted walk worked out in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment