Thursday 10 December 2015

"Hi, Billy Mays here"

The other day, I stumbled across this tribute video to Billy Mays:


I remember Billy Mays from the early/mid-2000s when he starred in infomercials promoting OxiClean. He promoted a whole range of products, such as Awesome Auger, Gopher and Zorbeez but he was most famous for his OxiClean promotions. He was also known for his booming voice, which became his trademark, along with his catchphase, "Hi, Billy Mays here".

Mays died in June 2009 of heart disease. I hadn't seen him on TV for a few years by then but I remembered him well and I recall being saddened by his death.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever seen the South Park episode regarding the deaths of Mays, Jackson, and a bunch of other celebrities?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do recall that episode. There was a spate of high-profile celebrity deaths in 2009.

      Delete
  2. Its hard to believe he's been gone that long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it, either; doesn't seem that long ago.

      Delete