Sunday 10 May 2015

Sociology revision

Much of my weekend has been spent conducting revision for Sociology. This is because the two Sociology exams I have to undertake are next week: one on Monday and the other on Thursday. These are not simple tests - they are proper, final exams. Once they are complete, the Sociology aspect of my current course will be finished and I won't be doing the subject again until my next course.

From what I understand, the first exam will focus on what sociology is, on the family and on education while the second covers power, social inequality, and crime and deviance. I've spent quite a bit of time on revising research methods, as that was one of my weaknesses in Sociology, and on how to answer some of the harder questions.

Last week I completed a mock exam and scored a B- on it; while that doesn't sound great, that result came from me not conducting any prior revision and a B- is still a passing grade. My teacher also provided me with plenty of notes for me to study.

I will not know the results of any of my exams until mid-August. I am uncertain as to why there is such a long delay.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I escaped college without taking a sociology class. I find it fascinating though.

    I hope you do well on your exam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd enjoy Sociology, Stephanie. :) Thanks!

      Delete