Tuesday 26 May 2015

Remembering my own phone number

In recent months I have, at last, learnt my own mobile phone number. This doesn't sound as though it is a huge achievement but there are two reasons why it has taken me this long to memorise my number:

1. I don't phone myself. As such, I don't see my number appear in my phone address book.

2. I haven't had any incentive to learn my number because it is stored in my phone's "About device -> Status" menu. All I've had to do is look there.

However, now that I have learnt my number, I no longer need to peruse my phone's settings to find it. This can save anywhere from 30 seconds to more than a minute of time.

What about you? Do you know your number by heart or do you have to research it first?

3 comments:

  1. I know my number by heart. I never even considered the possibility of not having it memorized...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my own, usually. I have to use the letters on the phone to memorize other's sometimes.

    ReplyDelete