Sunday 26 May 2013

The terrapin

Remember the lilypad pond from three weeks ag? I wrote about the terrapins who inhabit the pond and how I wasn't able to get a picture of any of them. My brother went to the pond this afternoon and took these excellent pictures of a terrapin:

These were taken with my main camera, which I had given my brother permission to use; however, these are his pictures and he gave me permission to use them here.

My parents and I were impressed with my brother's photographing of the terrapin! The exact species is a red-eared slider, a type of semi-aquatic turtle; the red stripes behind this terrapin's ears are not easy to see in these pictures. My brother said that the terrapin watched him for the duration of his visit to the lilypad pond, although it was still content to sunbathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment