Monday 1 October 2012

"Where'd You Go" - Fort Minor featuring Holly Brook

In October of last year I wrote about Skylar Grey/Holly Brook. I covered some history of Grey, which included the hit single she featured in, "Where'd You Go" by Fort Minor, from 2006. After six years of her album, Like Blood Like Honey, somehow "evading" me whenever I wanted it, I finally received a copy from Amazon this past weekend.

Hearing Like Blood Like Honey encouraged me to listen to "Where'd You Go" again:


Another great song from 2006...it's unfortunate that Fort Minor is listed among Billboard's most notable one-hit wonders of the 2000s, although Mike Shinoda - the originator of Fort Minor - is still achieving plenty of success with Linkin Park. From what I understand Fort Minor is merely on hiatus, although I don't know what Shinoda's future plans for it are.

I should also note that since my post about Grey from last year her new album has not yet materialized. She is active, as she recently created a song for Frankenweenie Unleashed!, an album with music inspired by the upcoming Tim Burton film Frankenweenie. I am ever-hopeful of a second release from her...more so after finally getting Like Blood Like Honey, and her recent song for the aforementioned film "inspired by" soundtrack!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I actually never heard of Fort Minor. I'll have to take a listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with that. :) It would be nice to see a return, but Linkin Park are still highly successful so if Shinoda is bust with that I can see why he'd leave Fort Minor for now.

      Delete
    2. Whoops! Meant "busy" not "bust"! :D

      Delete