Saturday 13 October 2012

"The Sweet Escape" - Gwen Stefani featuring Akon

I was listening to "The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani and featuring Akon this afternoon. It was the second single from Stefani's second album, The Sweet Escape, and was a hit back in 2007:


Another great song from the 2006-2007 era. I miss hearing it on the radio.

Unlike many of the artists I've written about, Stefani has not disappeared into obscurity. I see her name at least once a month in celebrity news, and while she has not released any more solo albums since The Sweet Escape she has been working with her band No Doubt as of late; last month, No Doubt released Push and Shove, their first studio album in over ten years. Stefani is not going away anytime soon!

2 comments:

  1. I remember this song from my Germany trip. My crush loved this song. It's hard to believe it's 5.5 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to believe! I remember when it was on every day.

      Delete