Saturday 31 March 2012

Day in Nottinghamshire (Part 3)

At last, the pictures I selected from our recent visit to my grandparents in Nottinghamshire; all were taken with my phone (though I wished I had brought my main camera with me!), with the exception of the last three pictures as they were taken by my brother with his camera:

I was experimenting with the panoramic mode on my phone and decided to take a picture vertically. This is of a tree in my grandparents' backyard, and I think this image, despite a couple of bugs in the stitching, turned out well! I like the way the stitching has made the tree appear as though it is in three different seasons.

One of the many local trails in the area: while the paths here in Northamptonshire are fairly hilly, the ones in Nottinghamshire are a bit more steep and I do miss that.

We found a path that briefly took us off the main trail and right up to the Trent (the local river) itself. Notice the ash pile in the bottom right? Looks like someone had a fire!

Back on the main trail again. The last time I went on this particular path was during our first month back in the United Kingdom: Dad, my grandfather, and brother were with me, and the trail was overgrown with all sorts of weeds when we took that walk. I was pleased to see it had all now been trimmed back.

A view across the Trent, with what appears to be a pub and some houses on the other side.

Those are sheep in the distance: we did not approach them any further from this point shown in the picture as there were lambs about.

A set of stairs that take you down to the Trent. These stairs are not the aforementioned offshoot-path down to the Trent, and I will note that we came down these, not going up.

Continuing down the stairs will take you to this path, which ultimately leads to the Trent. I love the look of fence-paths like these.

Back down at the Trent again, this time near one of its many weirs. Knowing how more difficult it is to take a picture with my phone than my main camera, I did my best to ensure that I would have some excellent pictures of the weir.

Another picture of the weir, this time looking more in the upstream direction.

A third picture of the weir, now looking downstream.

One of the many paths down by the river banks. I like the contrast of the green grass with the light-coloured brush around it.

The first of three of my brother's images I chose for this post. This is back on the path that leads to the field where the sheep and their lambs were located.

The sheep again! I liked this picture and wanted to include, even though I have a similar one above.

A patch of daffodils up by the weir. This is an excellent picture that my brother took, and I am really impressed by it. He took two other images like this one, and when I saw them for the first time I knew that I had to include one of the three in this post.

That comes to the end of these pictures. I am sure I will have more in future visits with family.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I lived in the UK because I want to go to Nottinghamshire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I'd like to be able to easily visit places like Pennsylvania, where you live. :)

    ReplyDelete