Monday 26 March 2012

The bird house

In the last month we have been tidying up the back garden: this has consisted of picking weeds, trimming overgrown trees/bushes, and removing dead plants. During the cutting back of the trees overgrowing the fence, we found this bird house buried within the branches and hooked onto the fence itself:


You can imagine our surprise to find both a bird house, and the words "U.S. Mail" written on it! I wonder how the bird house came to be here, and I do find it being in our yard interesting considering our background (in regards to the "U.S. Mail part" of the bird house).

3 comments:

  1. I sent you an e-mail. Hmmm. Strange about the US mail part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stephanie: I've replied to your message. Yes, it is strange, but I have been pleasantly surprised to see US-related items such as this bird house pop up around this country. :)

    @Jessica: I did do some looking up to see if bird houses in this design are in the US. I assume they must be, but not knowing the history behind this one I couldn't find anything (it could even be a custom-made bird house rather than a particular model!).

    ReplyDelete